Monday, October 27, 2008

Thoughts to Wrestle


A few of my latest, favorite quotes:


Jesus is not a law to be obeyed, or a model to be imitated, but a presence to be seized and acted upon. – John Shea


I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand.
St. Anselm of Canterbury (1034 - 1109)


If I find Him with great ease, perhaps He is not my God. If I cannot hope to find Him at all, is He my God? If I find Him wherever I wish, have I found Him? If He can find me whenever He wishes, and tells me Who He is and who I am, and if I then know that He Whom I could not find has found me then I know that He is the Lord, my God. He has touched me with the finger that made me out of nothing.
Thomas Merton (?)


I need to spend time on each of these. Oh, that I would spend more time searching God.

No comments: