Friday, August 21, 2009

MORE RUTHLESS TRUST AND FRIENDS


Today's thoughts are a mixed bag.
First, last evening I was able to just hang out with old and new friends. What a great time. After a lonely 5 year journey it was good to have my belief in community reaffirmed. To any of you that may read this, I hope you felt loved and appreciated also.


Next...the continued reading of "Ruthless Trust". More musing for the next couple of days in contemplation:


(to my artist friends)
"And what of the human heart's capacity to understand God? Here we need the help of passionate visionaries such as Dostoevsky. Sacred scripture is too important to be left exclusively to biblical scholars. Theology is too vital to be consigned solely to the province of theologians. To explore the depths of the God who invites our trust, we need the artists and mystics. "


"I pray that I may be quit of God, that I may find God." Meister Eckhart


And just to remind myself....The Beyond in our midst

No comments: