Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Crossing the Threshold

For the last couple of months I continue to ask myself the same question:

     What difference does "knowing" God make when I walk out the door each day?

What about my life reflects a spirituality of love and peace?  I'm not talking about going out and witnessing.  I'm talking about leaving some kind of touch of mystery on everyone I meet.  Is this an impossible dream?  Maybe.  But, surely, there has to be some kind of trail (think vapor trail) left where I travel. 

Awareness of God in my life can't be just about me.  As nice as it is to sit each morning in my "cell" and read, think, pray; my world must feel the presence of this great, holy one. 

Especially with the events of last Saturday in Arizona, peace, honor and love must somehow come to the forefront.  How can I encourage that?  How can I draw that out of others?  How do I woo the God image out of others?

3 comments:

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

Brings to mind the words of Paul, "...and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him". (2 Cor. 2:14)

lindaroo said...

I think this is a wonderful thought, and that this is the year for my fragrance to be renewed. Not by hiding, not by self-promotion. By making Jesus all-important in my life.