Saturday, April 3, 2010

Walking In



I've just started "The Cloister Walk" by Kathleen Norris.

Within this book I seem to find myself. It's not that the author writes "about" me. It's just that as I am reading I am reminded of who I am. Christ's voice becomes clear. I struggle to hear his voice most times. But the words of this poet telling her own story seems to make clear my call.

I make myself envision walking into the pages and find myself in a place of freedom; a place I can move about without worry; a place I find comfort and peace.

I want to spend the day reading this book so I can stay in this place of identity. But I also don't want to finish the book. I fear I may find myself homeless again.

3 comments:

Susan Gaddis said...

I can so relate to your comments and "feel at home" place in the books of Kathleen Norris. I go back to her writings again and again for mentoring and to find a kindred spirit. She puts words to what I sense, but can't express.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bet Hannon said...

Kathleen Norris is great! You should read "Dakota" too!