Monday, December 10, 2012

Is Truth a Journey?

I'm reading three very interesting books right now.  It's hard to take time to reflect on all that I am reading.  I wish I could have someone sitting next to me, reading the same books, so we could discuss chapter after chapter.

Here is just one thought from my reflection this morning.  It's not that we have different truths or that truth changes.  It's that we are all on different paths in our journey so we have different views.  As we each continue on our path, turning corners, climbing hills, going down into the valleys, we may see each other's view of truth.  Sometimes we will never see it because it is our path and our journey. 



My dad had the most amazing ability to see animals in the wild.  I mean we would be driving 60 miles an hour and he would say, "Did you see that deer behind those trees?" Not only did I not see them but I couldn't turn my head fast enough as the road we were on curved away. 

I wonder if that is how it is that truth sometimes looks different to different people?

No comments: